Here is a selection of Q&As from Your West Midlands Wedding magazine whether it be about flowers, hair and makeup, fashion, wedding themes, health & beauty, cakes, stationery, legal advice. If you would like your question answered by our experts, please email it to email@example.com
To view more expert advice on a different topic, please select one from the list below.
Music of my heart
Q. We want a harpist to play some festive songs at our wedding. Do you have any suggestions that won't sound tacky or over the top?
A. Helen Barley says: Whether you want a striking festive song for the entrance of the bride or something more romantic and subtle for the signing of the register and drinks reception, there are so many lovely seasonal options to choose from. Christmas songs often talk of love and are perfect for weddings, evoking a feeling of comfort and wellbeing. Here are some of my suggestions:
- Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas.
- Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire.
- When You Wish Upon a Star.
- I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas.
- Children's Christmas films often take us into a fantasy world, and there are some great options full of love and hope, such as As Long As There's Christmas from Beauty and the Beast and Let It Go from Frozen.
- There are lots of traditional songs focusing on the meaning of Christmas that are relaxing and slow, like Away in a manger.
- However big or small your wedding, you can be assured that harp music will add to the romantic and intimate atmosphere to make your day extra special.
Helen Barley,Helen Barley Harpist
Q. Wedding music has changed a lot over the years, how can we be modern in 2020 with our music offering for the day?
A. Liam Price says: Liam says: Versatility is the key. Whatever type of artist you choose, a wedding crowd will always have a diverse taste in music. Not only should the professional you hire be able to adapt to different styles, but they also need to deliver it well. The client gets more for their money and the wedding party gets a flavour of all genres! Liam Price Music | 07794 913124 | www.liampricemusic.com
When it's time for you look for local businesses to help you with your wedding, take a look at our advertisements below. Most will have links to their own websites. These advertisements are updated regularly so please revisit often and mention Your West Midlands Wedding when making any enquiries.